The Orlando Section of the American Chemical Society
is pleased to announce awards for undergraduate registration scholarships
for the 257th ACS National Meeting & Exposition
held in Orlando March 31 – April 4, 2019
The Orlando Section is offering 20 scholarships for undergraduate students to present research at the National Meeting – funds to cover registration costs.
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
2019 Ole Miss Chemistry Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
The Ole Miss PCHEM Summer Research Program REU is supported by The National Science Foundation (CHE-1156713, CHE-1460568, CHE-1757888).d text, images, and other content.
CTA Leadership Development System Course Award
The ACS Committee on Technician Affairs invites chemical technicians and chemists to apply for anthat would cover the cost of taking an ACS Leadership Development System Course during the ACS National Meeting.
To qualify for the award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
· Live within 350 hundred miles of Orlando
· Earned two- or four-year degree in chemistry or related field
· Work in a chemistry-related field
· Be an ACS member with a valid membership number
· Have employer support for time off to attend the meeting
· By the deadline of Jan 15, 2018, submit a completed , including a short essay (500 word max.) describing how you would hope to benefit from taking a leadership course. Find the award under “Awards” at .
The award recipient will each be reimbursed for the cost of transportation (mileage), one-night hotel stay, meals, and a leadership course of his/her choosing. [Registration for the national meeting is not required and not covered by this award.]
Courses listed below:
ACS Leadership Development System ®are your opportunity to learn skills to strengthen your edge in today's global economy.
Collaborating Across Boundaries
Developing Communication Strategies
Engaging Colleagues in Dialogue
Leading Without Authority
For more information about these courses, go to:to add text, images, and other content