The Orlando Section of the American Chemical Society
is pleased to announce awards for undergraduate registration scholarships
for the 257th ACS National Meeting & Exposition
held in Orlando March 31 – April 4, 2019
The Orlando Section is offering 20 scholarships for undergraduate students to present research at the National Meeting – funds to cover registration costs.
- We ask that students who have funding through their advisor or other sources not apply.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis with the following additional criteria:
- Student requirements: 1) the student must have an accepted abstract to the National Meeting; 2) the student must be a member of the ACS in good standing; 3) the student must attend a member school in the Orlando Section.
- Other requirements: 1) A maximum of two students from one research advisor will be funded; 2) a maximum of 5 students from one school will be funded. If fewer than 20 applications are received, these maximum numbers will be re-visited, but still strive to distribute the scholarships fairly among applicants.
- The awards will be distributed on a rolling basis until all scholarships are distributed according to the criteria above.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- a statement of need from the research advisor (stating no other funding is available);
- the accepted abstract along with the acceptance email;
- names and emails of student and advisor.